So, it's been a while since the last post...therefore, I'll be playing a bit of catch up with this rather lengthy post of many different things! First off, we have Memorial Day. Ross and I thought it would be fun to let Bailey run around in the sprinkler in our backyard. I mean, the child loves her baths and showers, so she's got to love a sprinkler, right? WRONG!!! It lasted all of about 30 seconds before the screaming began. I even ran through with her and she was not having it! I guess the water spraying at her freaked her out a bit. Oh well, there's always next year. We invited our parents over to watch this great event, but it was over with by the time they got there. Bailey did have fun though just running around kicking her ball and enjoying the sunshine!
This was the closest she got to the water, and it didn't even last that long!!!
Next is an update on our sweet little Banks. He went to the doctor for his two month check-up and first set of shots. He did great, and everything checked out perfectly! He now weighs 12 pounds, which is about 75th percentile for weight. He is also 75th percentile for height, which is exactly where Bailey was at 2 months old. He is growing fast, and of course he is just as cute and sweet as can be! He has recently started laughing out loud a little which is the most adorable sound! We love to see that little boy grin!

And then there's Bailey....what a character! Can you believe she is a year and a half old almost?!! Her vocabulary is increasing daily, and she is learning new things constantly. I have noticed that I've had to play a lot of "hide and seek" lately with things around the house. I found a pair of houseshoes, a hairbrush, and a water bottle in our dirty clothes hamper. I found a few cleaning bottles in the kitchen trash. I found bracelets, a cell phone, and flip-flops in Abbey's kennel. Those are just a few of the examples of my findings around the house. Bailey is so full of personality, and we love seeing her learn new things. She definitely provides a lot of laughs around our house!
We can already tell that Bailey and Banks are going to be buddies one day. Bailey is so concerned about her little brother. It's amazing how she already looks out for him at such a young age. I'm not saying that she never does anything bad towards him like hitting him, kicking him, or throwing things at him because that all definitely happens, but for the most part she seems to really love him! Whenever we're leaving the house, she stands by his carseat and points at it and whines until I pick it up and carry him out like she thinks we're going to forget him or something. She loves to give him kisses, and she has started bending down next to him and trying to get him to smile by talking to him and smiling at him. He seems to enjoy it because he'll usually start grinning right back at her. She does try to pick him up sometimes, and will whine until I do thinking once again that I might leave him in a room alone or something. When Bailey wakes up in the morning, the first thing she says is "baby" because she is wanting to know where he is, and if she hears him crying she says "baby" and starts running towards the sound and looks back to make sure one of us are following her. It's all very sweet, and we know the bond will grow even more as they get older!

Alright, this should be the last section of this post. Thanks for hanging in there! Yesterday, we decided to go the sprinkler park in Collierville. The kids and I met Stephanie and her kids along with both grandmas to enjoy a day in the sun. I thought we'd give the sprinklers another chance because these were a lot more kid friendly so I figured she might like them. I was WRONG once again. She screamed the minute she got wet, and then started screaming even when I'd walk towards them with her. While most kids were running around in the water, Bailey was busy cleaning up the park. She walked around picking up trash and putting it in the trash cans. I know she's a bit obsessed with cleaning things up off the ground, but come on now...that's taking it to a whole new level! She had a great time running around, and she looked adorable in her little bathing suit so I guess it was a success after all!!!


Aunt Stephy attempting to get Bailey involved until a sprinkler randomly went off and soaked her...she was not very happy about that!


And one more cute picture of little Banks to end it!!!
2 comments:
A few things I love and a couple I don't:
LOVE the 1st pic of Banks
Bailey looks beautiful in all her pics, but I ESPECIALLY love the second one in her "faces of Bailey"
LOVE HG's cute little booty in the back shot of them
Don't love the pics of me (while I love the memory) I LOOK SO WEIRD! Ha!
LOVE Bennett and Bailey munchin' it up!
And love getting to hang out with ya'll on a regular basis!
OH yeah, and of course love the one of Bailey dancin'. Haha what a little goober =)
Post a Comment