Friday, April 24, 2009

"Chunky Monkey"

Weighing in at 16 pounds, 6 ounces we have sweet little "chunky monkey" Bailey!!!  She went to the doctor yesterday for her 4 month check-up and shots, and I was shocked to hear that she was in the 95th percentile for weight!  Luckily, she was also in the 95th percentile for height.  She is now 26 inches long!  She's grown 6 inches since birth!  We may have a tall one on our hands.  Since her weight and height are proportional, all is well and the doctor said she looks perfect and everything is right on track!  She did great getting her shots, and she was a little trooper once again.  As you will see below, she was so tired when we got home from the doctor.  She had definitely been traumatized!  
We also got to start giving her rice cereal yesterday.  The doctor wanted us to spoon feed it to her to teach her to eat off a spoon, so we got all geared up and were prepared for a mess!  She wasn't sure what to do with it at first, but after a few tries she started to get the hang of it and seemed very proud of herself.  It was very cute!  It was messy, but not nearly as bad as colored foods will be!  We will start trying vegetables and fruits in about a week or so.
As we all know, I head back to work Monday.  I have greatly enjoyed my time with Bailey, and I am so thankful to have gotten 4 months to spend with her and watch her grow and develop into her own little person.  She is more of a joy and blessing to Ross and I than we could have ever imagined.  We are so thankful to have a healthy, sweet, and cute (of course) little baby girl!  God really knew what He was doing when He created this little one!


This is when we got home from the doctor and she passed out.  She made herself very comfortable!  You can see the little band-aid on her thigh from her shots, and by the way--check out those "thunder thighs"!!!

Don't we all wish we could be this cozy and take naps whenever we want to!

Part two of nap-time after the doctor.  I think she woke up long enough to eat and then headed back to sleep.

Such a rough day!!!

Getting ready to try the rice cereal

Not quite sure what to think about it at this point...

Oh yeah...this stuff is pretty good!!!  Like I said, she was very proud of herself!


We switched to the high chair to tilt her head back some and that seemed to work much better.  As you can see, she made herself comfortable once again (check out her left leg)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Haha I LOVE the pics of her sleeping in her seat- I see ya'll got the big one- does that work better for her?!?

I loive her thunder thighs too- jsut menas there's more of her to love!! She looks like she did AWESOME with the cereal for the 1st time- way to go!!! TOO CUTE!

I am sad you have to go back to work next week, but we are pretty excited about getting have have Bailey around!!!

Anonymous said...

Soo, glad to see you have a blog... I am always checking Steph's blog to see what she has done for the day. I picked up your blog from her site... This is Stephy's mom, and so excited to see how the Hannah and Bennett just love her when I get to peek in on them on the web cam.

Baily is a welcome addition to Stephy and Ryan's